Project Development Manager
Benefuel is seeking a Project Development Manager at its Dallas, Texas office to support the growth of its global business strategy, which is to own and operate biodiesel, biolubricant and oleochemical facilities using ENSEL® technology in the US and Internationally.
This Project Development Manager will report to the Sr. VP Operations and, will lead the identification, evaluation and development of strategic projects, across the existing Company platforms and potentially new markets. This position will provide leadership in the selection and acquisition of assets and/or analysis of new ventures that align with growth targets and strategies.
Success in this role will require strong project management skills, analytical and modelling skills, the ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams with members in multiple locations, excellent collaboration skills, and the ability to provide clear, logical and well-supported recommendations to senior management.
- Project Development – Develop a portfolio of potential projects or acquisitions through direct research, networking within the industry and working in partnership with financial advisors and strategic partners.
- Rigorously identify, screen and select a short list of potential projects based on internally developed selection criteria and corporate strategy.
- Perform financial and business analysis associated with deal flow.
- Support corporate development projects using Benefuel’s gated approach.
- Work with Senior Management to structure and close acquisitions.
- Support the internal and external resources used in bringing deals to successful closure.
- Support the integration and coordination of joint ventures and acquisitions to capture synergies.
- Competitive Strategy & Intelligence – Help develop and shape the competitive strategy for the company.
- Understand and stay current with the competitive landscape.
- Stay current on commodity S&D and pricing for up and downstream markets.
- Understand the Benefuel’s current and future products to better support corporate strategies
- Understand the political landscape affecting commodity markets, supply, pricing, etc.
- Support senior leadership in corporate strategy development with market and commodity expertise.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- MBA or equivalent experience required.
- Undergraduate degree in a technical field of study preferred but not required.
- 10 year’s business experience with at least 3 years in business and project development.
- Work experience in the biofuels, oleochemicals, petrochemicals and/or relevant commodity based industries.
- Product and/or Industry knowledge in the following areas is desired, but not required:
- Natural oils, esters, fatty acids and or waxes
- Fuels, Lubricants & Lubricant Additives
- Oleochemical or other specialty chemicals
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Project.
- The ability to work 40 or more hours per week
- The ability to operate a:
- fax machine / copier
- The ability to:
- Walk a construction and plant site including stairs and ladders.
- Sit for extended periods of time (2 hours at a time, 8 hours per day).
- Occasionally (0-33%) lift or carry up to 10 lbs.
- Frequently (34%-66%) perform fine manipulations with hands and fingers.
- See, hear, and speak.
- The ability to travel:
- Travel to remote sites.
- International Travel Required
Benefuel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.