Benefuel's technology provides a number of advantages over conventional biodiesel technology, namely:
- Expands feedstock choice - process a much broader variety of feedstocks, including waste products and low-value, non-food related feedstocks.
- Increases process efficiency - no by-products are created, no water is used and it is a TRUE continuous flow process with nearly quantitative recovery of FAME and glycerin.
- Provides the lowest cost of production - Benefuel has one of the lowest capital costs and processing costs of any renewable fuel. An existing refinery can be quickly converted into a Benefuel bio-refinery.
- Enables decentralized production - Benefuel's ENSEL® refining platform is capable of processing the wide range of feedstocks in a capital efficient manner allowing for decentralized production and maximizing local resources.
- Positioned for the future - Benefuel can cost effectively produce fuel and other products from a wide variety of feedstocks including animal fats, high FFA feedstocks and corn oil from ethanol. In addition, Benefuel can process upcoming feedstocks, such a hemp, camelina, jatropha and algae with no modifications required.